Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nearly 17 months

Well Calvin will be 17 months in 3 days. I have once again failed to keep the blog updated. So for now, here are the new things happening with Cal.

Words
bird
bath
work
car
tree
yes
no
pretty

Cal understands most of the things he hears now. He follows directions (when he wants to) and has even tried a couple of short phrases "da buhbye work" etc. He climbs into his highchair at mealtimes and gets down when he is done. He loves when I sing "head shoulders knees and toes" and tries to sing along with the "eyes and ears and mouth and nose" part. He loves to try to mimic everything now. He wants to help lock/unlock the door, to dress himself, feed himself, wash himself, brush his teeth etc. It is amazing to watch him grow and learn.

We took him to the fireworks for the 4th of July. I brought along these huge ear protectors so that the noise wouldn't scare him. He left them on the whole time and kept saying "pree" (pretty). He really enjoyed them and it was a nice family outing.

He is still very attached to me and loves our nursing time. He has cut down on the night nursing a lot (except for during bouts of teething). I am very happy that I stuck with nursing and that I decided to nurse past 1 year. It hasn't been without struggle and frustration but it has been totally worth it.

He is starting to take notice when I get him a clean diaper and he likes to pick which one he wants to wear. The minky ones are his favorites :)

Current favorite foods are: cottage cheese, hummus, beans, strawberries, kiwi, bananas, applesauce (buddy fruits), and sweet potato maki

Out in public he is still quite shy until he warms up to the situation. I guess I'm not surprised considering how shy I am. He likes to wave and say "hi" and "byebye" to people. He also LOVES babies and animals.

His current favorite toys are cars, play food, and anything he can pretend to clean with

We set him up a playroom in the spare bedroom, but he really doesn't like to be up there. I am hoping that will change once the weather cools down and it isn't roasting hot in there.





No comments:

Post a Comment