Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My cloth diapering journey

I've been wanting to write about my cloth diapering "adventure" for awhile now but just never had the time. I was extremely interested in using cloth from the minute I saw gdiapers. They seemed so cute and awesome that I was convinced I was going to use them. For some reason I didn't think to look up other brands. I was just stuck on gdiapers. The problem was the start up cost. I couldn't figure out how I was going to afford it. Plus I was afraid that I wouldn't like it and would waste my money. I ended up getting 3 size small gdiapers but I didn't get any inserts. I wanted my baby shower invitations to say "no disposable diapers" but since it was planned pretty much without my say in anything that didn't happen. A lot of people knew through word of mouth that I planned on using cloth so I got a  bunch of gerber prefolds, pins, and plastic pants. If only good cloth diapers were actually available in stores
With the money I got from my babyshower I bought some medium gdiapers and some gflapper inserts. I started trying them on him around 2 months old because he was so big.
They didn't work well at all for breastfed poo. I started to use them a lot by the time he was around 4 months old. When he was 6 months old I got some kawaiis and I've been doing full time cloth ever since.

So far my favorite diapers have been sunbabys but I really like all of the diapers I have for different reasons. He is getting some alvababys for his birthday and I can't wait to try them. Overall most people were very negative when I said I wanted to cloth diaper but I will never regret my decision for a second. I really can't understand why anyone would use disposable if they knew how easy cloth diapering really is. For a few hundred dollars I can diaper all the kids I will ever have and all I have to do is do a couple extra loads of laundry a week. Totally worth it to me! Plus cloth is sooo cute! Now Kiki and Samii are both pregnant and both plan to use cloth and I couldn't be more excited. I love the idea of not being the only one around here that uses them!




No comments:

Post a Comment