Most of this will have to be started simultaniously. Read through the recipe first to be sure you won't skip anything.
1 5lb bag yukon gold potatos
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 red onion
1 jalepeno pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 cup parmesean cheese
1 stick butter
8oz cream cheese
1 can unsalted sweet peas
1 can unsalted french style green beans
1 can sweet corn
5oz fresh spinach
2tbs classico pesto
1 small ginger root
16oz vegetable broth
1. Alfredo sauce-Add whipping cream, 1tbs pesto, cream cheese, butter, and parmesean to a small pot. Cover and put on simmer until everything else is done. Do not let it boil.
2. Finely dice onion, garlic, and ginger root
3. In a separate pot put enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pot, and 1tbs pesto. Saute finely diced onion, 3 minced cloves garlic, and ginger root until golden brown.
4. Peel and chop 1/3 of the potatos and boil until tender (about 20 minutes)
5. If saute is golden-brown add vegetable broth and reduce heat to medium.
6. Peel and finely chop remaining potatoes and set aside.
7. Stir alfredo
8. Drain potatoes. Put water back in the pot and add the potatoes you set aside in step 6
7. Add cooked potatoes from step 4, jalepeno pepper, spinach and saute sauce from step 3 to a blender (do more than one blending session if needed). Blend all together until smooth. The end result is pretty nasty looking (think toxic sludge). But trust me, it tastes good (even a non-veggie friend agreed)
8. Open canned veggies and drain. Add them to a pot of water. Cook covered for about 10 minutes on low
9. Stir alfredo
10. Drain potatoes and veggies. Add to concoction from step 7.
11. At this point we separate some out for Calvin so that he doesn't get the alfredo part.
12. Add alfredo sauce.
ENJOY! And if you try it please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it! :)