Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Post

So this is my first post on here. Not really sure why I am starting one of these considering I probably won't have any followers but oh well I guess it is good to get my thoughts down somewhere. So for anyone that doesn't know here is a little about my family and I:

I am 21 years old and my husband John is 23. We got together November 25, 2001 when I was 13 and he was 15 and we have been inseparable ever since. We got married May 1, 2008. It was a quick ceremony in the square of New Phila. We wore Ozzy Osbourne t-shirts and jeans. In June 2009 I found out I was pregnant. I was originally due February 18th, then it was changed to February 14th and finally February 15th. I was induced on February 16th. After trying for 2 hours to have him the doctor recommended a c-section so I agreed. Calvin Dean Bargar was born February 16th 2010 at 8:17pm. He was 9lbs 7.6oz and 21in long! After having him I hemorrhaged and had to be given 2 units of blood. Things looked pretty grim for awhile but I pulled through. We spent 4 nights in the hospital. Calvin had jaundice and had to be under the bili-light for about 24 hours.

The first 2 months at home were really tough. Calvin cried constantly, ate every hour or so and refused to sleep laying flat. At his 2 month pediatrician appointment he was put on zantac for acid reflux and things have been so much better! He will be 5 months tomorrow. He sleeps about 6 hours at night before waking to eat and then goes back to sleep for another 4-6 hours. He can sit up by himself for a few minutes, rolls tummy to back, passes toys from one hand to another, says mum mum mum, does sign language for mommy and daddy, and so much more already! He has been exclusively breastfed since he was born and it is going great. I plan on waiting until he is at least 6 months before I introduce any solids.

We are an animal loving vegetarian family. John has been vegetarian for about 5 years and I have been for about 3. We are going to raise Calvin to be mostly vegan and we are working on transitioning ourselves to be vegans as well. We also cloth diaper much of the time and we love it!

So that is about all I can think of to post for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment