Sunday, July 18, 2010

He called me Momma!

So last night I was sitting in bed with Calvin around 1am. He wasn't wanting to go to sleep. I laid him on his side like usual and sat there playing on the computer. He rolled onto his tummy and was laying there cooing and making noise but he kept laying his head down so I figured he was going to fall asleep. A few minutes later he had been laying still and quiet and John came in the room. He asked if I wanted him to take Calvin downstairs with him for awhile. "No, I think he's asleep" I answered. Right then he lifts his head, looks me in the eyes and says "Momma." I was/am so excited! He has been saying mum mum mum for awhile now but this is the first time he has directed it pointedly at me. I cried happy tears, John made fun of me. It was pretty great :).
John and I have both been feeling really lonely lately. We got pretty snippy at each other this morning around 4am. We talked it out and then laid down and went to sleep. When we got up we decided we needed to go out so we went up to Olive Garden. It was really nice. Calvin was great the whole time. When we got done eating we went and walked around Target for awhile. We of course got Calvin a couple toys. By the time we got home it was about 6:30 and by 7:00 John, Calvin, and I were all taking a nap. Calvin and I got up at 8 and we just hung out together until John got up. Now John is getting ready for work.
Mommaw got home from the camp today so Calvin and I are going to her house after I drop John off at Walmart. We'll probably talk, watch tv, and play with Calvin until bedtime. I think I am going to write up a family schedule so we can hopefully manage our time more wisely. I think it would help John and I get to spend more time together and John would get to see Calvin more.
I think Calvin has a cold. He has been really fussy and has been sneezing like crazy, poor little guy. Darn air conditioning, can't live with it, can't live without it. Our apartment is like an oven without running our air conditioner. I really hope we can find somewhere to move soon, I hate this place. It is like living in a cave.
I just realized that my blogs are really rather all over the place and I jump from one topic to another a lot. I don't think it really matters, just an observation.
On a random note Calvin has wore the same g-diaper all day without leaking! And that is even with having 3 poopy diapers today! I really think I am a bit pathetic when it comes to my excitement about his diapers. Haha
So that's enough for today, I have to take the hubby to work.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the stupid photos >>> on the side of this blog are all messed up and I can't get them to be all the same size and it is driving me bonkers. Ok I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment